Today’s smoothie uses yogurt and no bananas. There is a bodega (TINY store) at the end of my block that sells bananas but they all looked banana bread ripe, so I passed. Instead, I used Chobani cherry yogurt. I added strawberries, blueberries, spinach, almond milk and protein powder. It was delicious but it is a departure from my typical smoothie ingredient.
Typically I use bananas. Or if I use yogurt, it is plain yogurt (unflavored and unsweetened) and add Nordic Naturals liquid fish oil supplement. However, I didn’t have either. Using the flavored Chobani yogurt eliminated some of the tang I like and added a bit of sweetness. But it wasn’t too sweet. Nordic Naturals liquid fish oil is sold at Whole Foods, which is a little too far for me to get to right now on my sprained ankle.
This slightly sweet smoothie hit the spot after a long day at work. I’ll be happy when I can more easily stand and walk around on my ankle. Teaching a room full of 34 inner city teenagers five times per day can be tough on a good day. With limited mobility the challenge increases exponentially. But I hung in there. And almost all of the students in three of the five classes were extremely understanding about the situation. The other two classes…well, that’s another story. But tomorrow is another day!
- Strawberry, Spinach, Banana, Keep My Spirits Up, Smoothie (athleteagain.wordpress.com)
- Smoothie Experiment: Blueberries, PB and Applesauce (athleteagain.wordpress.com)
- Magic Bullet Smoothie with Broccoli Sprouts (athleteagain.wordpress.com)
- No Banana Smoothie (athleteagain.wordpress.com)
- Mmm…Smoothie and the Magic Bullet (athleteagain.wordpress.com)
- chocolate covered cherry protein smoothie. (sallysbakingaddiction.com)